The effective treatment of adolescents with substance abuse and behavioral disorders requires an approach that includes the attention to family, school and social aspects of the young person’s life. An alcohol or drug intervention for an adolescent or young adult is appropriate when the family is facing issues of
- drinking too much: alcohol abuse, alcohol addiction
- drug use, drug abuse, drug addiction
- eating disorders: anorexia, bulimia, over eating
- gambling addiction,
- sexually acting out, sexually at risk behaviors
- computer addiction, internet addiction
- failure in school, work
- non compliance with family rules and curfews, running away
Intervention is the most supportive, powerful and successful way to attain help for a loved one. An adolescent intervention can be done with love and respect in a non-confrontational, non-judgmental approach.
Once a crisis intervention has been successful, Hired Power also offers safe passage to treatment with a Sober Buddy and other transitional services. For a free assessment please call 800-910-9299 to speak with a recovery professional.