Addicted to Love
10 Signs of Love or Sex Addiction by Sexual Recovery Institute
How do you know if a friend, family member, partner, or client may be struggling with love or sex addiction? While the line between these two addictions is often blurry and they exist on somewhat of a continuum, there are a few hallmark signs to watch for when determining if an individual needs treatment:
1. Constantly seeking a sexual partner, new romance or significant other
2. An inability or difficulty in being alone
3. Consistently choosing partners who are abusive or emotionally unavailable
4. Using sex, seduction and intrigue to “hook” or hold onto a partner
5. Using sex or romantic intensity to tolerate difficult experiences or emotions
6. Missing out on important family, career or social experiences in order to maintain a sexual high or romantic relationship
7. When in a relationship, being detached or unhappy, when out of a relationship, feeling desperate and alone
8. An inability to leave unhealthy relationships despite repeated promises to self or others
9. Returning to previously unmanageable or painful relationships despite promises to self or others
10. Mistaking sexual experiences and romantic intensity for love
If you know someone who needs love or sex addiction treatment, or you have general questions about the SRI Intensive Outpatient Program, please give us a call at: 310-360-0130.
Copyright (C) 2011 Sexual Recovery Institute All rights reserved.
“I have worked with Hired Power extensively in collaboration with Clearview Treatment Programs’ individualized outpatient program. I am always impressed with their effectiveness and professionalism.”
“Thanks again for being there for us and guiding us through some rough waters. Your kindness and genuine concern deeply touched my soul and we are all grateful our paths crossed when they did. You are a truly gifted professional, keep on doing what you do so well.”
“I just want to thank Hired Power for the PRA. He was a perfect match and I can’t say enough…. He was intensely committed. This is the first time I have been clean in over 30 years. Thank you again.”
“I don’t look at you (Hired Power) as hiring a service, I look at you as saving my life.” (referring to his ability to stay sober after returning home).