In addition, the services can work with and supports the family or the workplace in their participation and support of the recovery process. Recovery Care Management Services include:
Monitoring is a proven method of supporting sober skill development following the completion of primary substance abuse treatment. This recovery care management method of creating measurable outcomes while providing accountability and documentation has been utilized for many years. The monitoring model has proven effective with pilots, physicians, dentists, nurses and pharmacists when substance use is discovered, and as a result, has created uncertain conditions for predictable performance in the workplace.
After residential treatment or as an extension of the Personal Recovery Assistant service, monitoring services can provide an accurate, responsive system of support when there are indicators associated with the relapse process. Monitoring allows for early identification of potential difficulties interrupting the progression of relapse thinking and behavior patterns. The procedure for alerted response includes a collaborative process between the recovering client, identified support people and treatment professionals.
Who Benefits from Monitoring Program:
All clients who have struggled with the issues of substance abuse and addiction can benefit from the Monitoring program in recovery care management. This program was designed specifically to create a level of accountability in lasting recovery. It is well known that creating accountability leads to the development of responsibility, both being foundations for daily living.
Monitoring Program Structure:
- Daily check in through computer or phone.
- Random Urinalysis drug screening using a nationwide network of providers.
- Self-reporting of attendance to meetings, therapist appointments, out-patient programs etc.
- Routine communication with client and stakeholders: weekly phone interview, email correspondence, documentation of progress.
- Monthly reports and documentation of progress.
- Oversight of monitoring services and transition plan by a Recovery Care Monitor.
Hired Power is associated with a network of certified laboratories nationwide. This relationship assures a system of convenient, accurate and time-sensitive test results. Continued support in following through with the daily living plan.
Monitoring Case Management
A Comprehensive Service individually designed to provide additional support for clients and the family system while in monitoring as part of recovery care management.
Monitoring Case Management Program: is a recovery care management service that can be provided in support of and in addition to our Monitoring Program. In addition to supporting and reporting an individual’s ability to remain in active recovery this service also provides face to face or on the phone coaching for clients and family members, thereby increasing the commitment and follow through to recovery goals and objectives.
Who Benefits from Monitoring Case Management Support?
Coaching can help establish and implement clear recovery goals for individual clients. Families and significant others can also benefit from coaching support with expectations and boundaries for their loved one in early recovery. Statistics show by improving the quality of structure and communication within the family system outcomes for sustained recovery for the entire family greatly increase.
Individual and Family Coaching is provided by the Monitoring Recovery Compliance Manager.
Case Management Program typical support structure:
- Introductory conference call/face to face meeting to identify recovery goals and objectives with client and or family members.
- weekly calls or face to face meetings, usually a half hour in length
- Review of client progress and behaviors
- Establish and continued implementation of healthy boundaries
- Goal setting
- Assignments for next call/meeting which may include but are not limited to:
Sponsorship (establishing, supporting and communication)
Meetings- (AA,NA,OA,CODA , Al-anon, Celebrate Recovery etc)
Support communities/programs for family’s members
Written report summary at end of 90 commitments
Community Case Management ( Life Skills Coaching and Mentoring)
Bridging the Gap from Treatment to Living an Active Recovery Lifestyle
Hired Power’s Community Case Management (CCM) utilizes our Personal Recovery Assistants (PRA) to provide guidance and support in a client’s natural home environment. The PRA is part of recovery care management and there to guide, support and mentor clients as they apply the information first learned in treatment into daily lifestyles. Our professional staff of Personal Recovery Assistants encourages and motivates clients to become active participants in their own lives. By identifying moments of change, relapse triggers and barriers, PRA’s create teachable moments that influence current/future thoughts and behavioral processes.
Who benefits from Community Case Management Services:
Clients who are either transitioning from a full time Personal Recovery Assistant or those who after a thorough assessment have been determined to require a less intensive level of supervision and support. Individuals needing additional guidance and support with independent life skills such as employment coaching, re-establishing themselves in educational or career environments and even parenting skills. Young adults transitioning from a supportive sober or mental health structured living to independent living most of need additional life coaching and mentoring as part of their recovery care management.
Support services typically include but are not limited to:
- Intake and assessment which includes a review of the client history to determine the support level necessary for the client in their current situation and living environment
- Guidance and support through frequent in-person coaching and mentoring with the client as well as telephonic contact. This support can range from 4 hours a month to 24 hours a day
- support in getting to scheduled appointment and activities
- Creation of short and long-term personal, educational and or career, goal plans and daily tracking of progress
- Connections to local community based outpatient clinical and treatment options
- Facilitation of regular drug testing
- Connections to fellowship community
- Assistance in development of independent living skills ie; budgeting, shopping, meal preparation
- Support of medication management
- Job coaching
- Identifying job or volunteer opportunities
- After- hours access to a clinical resource for emergency situations
- Connections to sober recreational activities
Alternative Sentencing Planning/Court Reports
A Supplemental Service of recovery care management that includes an intake assessment and evaluation along with a written court report. This report will include the clients current information as well as medical, psychological, legal, substance abuse, and treatment history. It will also include information such as recommendations for an treatment plan in place of jail time. This service is individually designed to support each client and family system.
The written court report is provided to the client’s and the client’s legal team. Upon request and when beneficial one of our trained professionals can personally submit the report to the court. Safe Passage Services are available to transport the client to the identified treatment center. It has been our professional experience that this method on transportation is often the first choice of the court. Providing the direct safe Passage to the treatment center from the court ensures the court of the client’s intentions and commitment to treatment and relapse prevention.
Who Benefits from Alternative Sentencing?
Clients and families with legal issues related to their substance abuse and addiction can benefit from the Alternative Sentencing Service of recovery care management, which can help establish and implement a clear treatment plan in place of jail time. Families have also utilized the written reports for other legal issues such as child custody cases, financial trust issues.